I am so happy to share this interview with Cheryl Rice, who spent many years in corporate before stepping out and beginning her coaching practice as well as her You Matter Marathon. She talks about her pivotal moment when literally her body was speaking to her to make a life shift - I was shocked at what happened that caused Cheryl to reflect on her life and ultimately make the career switch.
About Cheryl Rice:
Cheryl Rice works with high potential leaders at every level. She has been working with clients to improve individual, team and executive performance for over 20 years. Cheryl’s speaking, and coaching clients include: Pfizer, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Penn Medicine, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, Drexel University, Campbells Soup, and the Wharton School.
Cheryl has held significant positions in the healthcare, financial
services and technology industries. Past corporate positions include Director of Organization Development for AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, AVP of Leadership Development at ACE International, and leadership consulting roles at CIGNA, NovaCare, and SMS (now Siemens).
Cheryl is especially gifted in helping women cultivate their leadership presence, develop confidence, and establish a healthy and mindful approach to work and life. She is also the author of the inspiring memoir, Where Have I Been All My Life? Additionally, her essays and commentaries have appeared in local and national publications including the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Chicago Tribune, Cure Today, and Maria Shriver’s Blog, Architects of Change.
In 2016 Cheryl founded the You Matter Marathon (no running required!), a global kindness and community building program in 59 countries.
With a BA in Psychology from Monmouth University, an MS in Counseling from the University of Pennsylvania, and an MS in Organization Development from Pepperdine
University, Cheryl brings significant academic training to compliment her
practical work experience. Additionally, Cheryl is an ICF certified coach, has a certificate in Applied Positive Psychology and taught classes in organization change at local universities.
Highlights from Cheryl's interview
- A case of hives revealed to Cheryl how unhappy she was in her corporate life
- After she quit her job she felt untethered and unnerved
- Cheryl had to create structures in her life to feel centered
- She kept hustling and doing piecemeal work
- She was doing a lot of journaling and created "monthly reports' for her goals
- She started training for a half marathon to reframe her view of herself
- She also worked with a coach
- Started to think of herself more as a business owner
- It's really important to honor your relationships and keep in touch with people
- What goes up, goes down... and what goes down goes up
- It helps to replace anxiety with curiosity and confidence
- Cheryl believes in planting seeds with people
- "Where can I add value in a way that makes me feel alive"
- "Find your tribe and love on them, and you will get love back"
- The sudden death of her mom led to great sadness, but also insights
- She mined her grief to grow as a person
- When you feel stuck, try shaking your body
- All about how Cheryl founded the You Matter Marathon (no running required)
- and so much more!
Connect with Cheryl:
Email: cheryl AT yourvoiceyourvision.com
Here's to Getting Unstuck,
This week's healthy episode is sponsored by Wellness by Cynthia. Wellness by Cynthia is my own site and blog where I educate and dish about my favorite wellness products, tips, and experiences. Check it out! https://wellnessbycynthia.com/
BONUS: If you enroll as a Young Living essential oils rewards member, I’ll give you $20 towards your order when you contact me at email@example.com and mention the code “Goal Magic.”
Intro Music: We are One by Vexento
We Are One by Vexento
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/Ssvu2yncgWU
Outro music: Nostalgia by Tobu