I'm happy to share this chat I recorded with entrepreneur Ellin Lolis. After graduating from Vanderbilt University, Ellin found herself in Sao Paolo Brazil. Ellin and I discuss what it was like for her being an ex-pat in Brazil, the highs and lows that she experienced in acclimating personally and professionally to a different country, and how some of the cultural hurdles actually pushed Ellin to start her own successful consulting business.
We also touch on how Ellin uses her coaching for students considering an MBA, and why an MBA track isn’t always the next best step. There so much to learn from Ellin’s journey and her story may make you ask yourself your own WHY’s, so you won’t want to miss one second.
We discussed these topics and many more:
- The importance of delegating tasks as a business owner
- How entrepreneurs (especially) need to be able to say no
- How to respond when clients ask for a huge discount
- You have to trust yourself and your ability to deliver value
- How to convey credibility, even if you're just starting out
- Why money isn't always the greatest motivator for everyone
- Why it's critical to follow your own path and not someone else's
Here's to Getting Unstuck,
Sponsor Love: This sparkly episode is sponsored by GLDN jewelry. Use code MAGIC at checkout to save 15% on your first purchase! https://www.gldn.com/