I'm so happy to share this interview with my friend Alexis Siemons. As a tea enthusiast, Alexis writes about her steeped adventures on her website and blog, Teaspoons & Petals. She also teaches a series of culinary tea classes, and develops tea-infused recipes for restaurants.
Alexis is currently a tea consultant for La Colombe, which is one of my favorite cafes and also the place where Cynthia and I came up with the idea for GOAL MAGIC. Alexis’ recipes and stories have been published in Women’s Health, Grid Magazine and Design*Sponge… among many other publications. But above all else, Alexis is a positive and fearless entrepreneur who has turned her passion into her life’s work, and that is why she’s on the show!
Key quotes and discussion topics:
- The very first post on Teaspoons & Petals
- Why it's important to take time to appreciate beauty
- The power of designing your own major
- The pitfalls of the advertising industry for creative people
- Why short-form writing is taking over the Internet
- "Tea is like traveling through your taste buds."
- Alexis recommends oolong tea as a good place to start learning about tea flavors
- How drinking tea can help manage stress
- If you're succeeding at everything, then you're probably not doing things to their fullest
- Why we should celebrate failures
- "I want to hear no a lot because that means I'm reaching out and trying to create something unique and when that yes comes along, it's going to be a great fit."
- The value in nurturing a community
- How to find your "tribe"
- What to do when you hit a dry spot in your business
- Why if it's not 100% a yes, it's a NO
- "My definition of success is waking up every morning and wanting to jump out of bed to go pursue your career."
- Don't let fear stop you