Lisa Lord is a dynamic and inspirational speaker and executive coach who developed her point of view initially as an executive in Human Resources working for Fortune 500 corporations.
After decades of experience on the inside of corporations, Lisa chose to launch a unique coaching and consulting service to share her wisdom and help individuals advance their careers. She is frequently engaged to help businesses re-humanize their employment practices, remembering that people are more than just assets. Lisa’s unique approach and passion helps individuals and leaders to make a meaningful connection with one another.
Lisa has helped clients to address disconnects due to generational differences, changes in employment practices, and a lack of self-awareness. When individuals discover how to let their strengths shine, amazing transitions occur.
Key quotes and takeaways from this awesome interview:
- "I've really learned to pay attention to what inspires me."
- "I'm the kind of person who was always comfortable making changes."
- "As you're discovering what you do, you end up learning a lot about yourself."
- After she left corporate life, Lisa started having lunches and coffees with everyone she knew.
- Finally she got the advice to just start doing a thing she thought she might love, and do it for free, while paying attention to how it made her feel.
- She tried to do more things that she found inspiring.
- She's a huge fan of Audible.com.
- When your brain is engaged in something creative and inspirational, the rest of your brain lights up.
- Cynthia's big positive shift happened when she realized corporate life wasn't her "everything."
- How it's totally normal to not know what your passion is.
- What does a good life look like? What would it feel like?
- Key question to ask: What it something you did that made you feel really, really proud?
- Just because you're good at something, doesn't mean you love it.
- Telling people that they can do anything, DOES add a lot of pressure to someone.
- If you have a bunch of side hustles, you don't necessarily need to pick just one.
- Look for a "money job" that will give you the flexibility to find your dream job.
- Try the Gallup Strength Finder.
- What to tell people who might not understand your quest for an inspiring career.
- What we should tell our kids instead of "you can do anything."
- Book Recommendations: Brene Brown's Daring Greatly and Amy Cuddy's Presence
- The key to inspiration is that you'll know if it's working in the first thirty seconds.
Connect with Lisa:
- Email: lisa AT lisalordconsulting.com
Here's to Getting Unstuck,
This week's healthy episode is sponsored by Wellness by Cynthia. Wellness by Cynthia is my own site and blog where I educate and dish about my favorite wellness products, tips, and experiences. Check it out! https://wellnessbycynthia.com/
BONUS: If you enroll as a Young Living essential oils rewards member, I’ll give you $10 towards your second order when you contact me and mention the code “Goal Magic.”