I hope you check out this interview that I recorded with Matt Lambert, who is a social innovator and strategy consultant. Matt has had an interesting career and life journey that had him move from the US to Montenegro with his family. In one of his corporate jobs, Matt was urged to find what he loves and then craft a role around that, which had a powerful influence on how he viewed his career path from then on. There are tons of takeaways in this episode as Mike shares his hard-won insights on how to get unstuck.
- Why leaders need to recognize and support people's unique strengths
- How you can create a job for yourself instead of just accepting what's out there
- Why it's ok to feel discontent with the different stages of life
- How it's good to challenge systems and ways of thinking that aren't working for us
- If you're going to challenge a system, you have to understand the system
- How living in a foreign country teaches humility
- "Just keep swimming."
- Failure means you're trying... it's ok to make mistakes
- Don't let an old story from your childhood hold you back from pursuing your dreams
- You can always change and do something different
Connect with Matt:
Look for him on social media: @musingmr
Here's to Getting Unstuck,
This week's healthy episode is sponsored by Wellness by Cynthia. Wellness by Cynthia is my own site and blog where I educate and dish about my favorite wellness products, tips, and experiences. Check it out! https://wellnessbycynthia.com/
BONUS: If you enroll as a Young Living essential oils rewards member, I’ll give you $20 towards your order when you contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the code “Goal Magic.”