What’s up everyone and welcome to the GOAL MAGIC podcast, where it’s our mission to help you get unstuck and get going! Today I got to interview Robert Farrington, who is a Millennial money expert and founder of thecollegeinvestor.com. Robert’s path is a fascinating one—starting with his time working as a manager at Target while blogging on the side, to making $45,000 a month (!) on his blog. How’d he do it? Robert gives us a behind-the-scenes look at his journey in this episode!
Top Takeaways from Robert:
- Robert always saw his blog The College Investor as a side hustle (until recently)
- He kept going because he loved it
- It took him a long time to start making money from the project
- Things started happening when he began networking with other bloggers
- Industry conferences really helped as influencers started sharing his content
- He learned to listen to readers and produce content they wanted, rather than what he wanted
- Think about your ROI before investing in an expensive degree
- "Show me where you spend your money and time, and I'll show you what you value"
- Really look at your household expenses closely. Chances are you can reduce them
- Look for ways to earn more money in your spare time
- It's important to challenge assumptions about success
- If you have an unconventional lifestyle, some people may be judgmental
Connect with Robert:
I hope this episode inspires you to go for your dreams!
Here's to Getting Unstuck,
This week's healthy episode is sponsored by Wellness by Cynthia. Wellness by Cynthia is my own site and blog where I educate and dish about my favorite wellness products, tips, and experiences. Check it out! https://wellnessbycynthia.com/
BONUS: If you enroll as a Young Living essential oils rewards member, I’ll give you $20 towards your order when you contact me at email@example.com and mention the code “Goal Magic.”