Cynthia and I sat down for a really nice chat about how we use exercise to keep us unstuck. We shared our favorite workouts, from very easy to very, very hard!
In the course of the conversation, I opened up about how I've fought depression for much of my life. Hard cardio workouts have gotten me up and out of the darkness, many many times.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Cynthia has been walking a lot more... and loving it
- Twenty minutes of cardio per day helps Brennen stave off depression
- Cynthia does super hard pilates workouts when her back can handle it
- Hard workouts can shift your mindset in terms of what you think is possible for yourself
- Rather than measuring your progress by how you look, try focusing on how you feel and what you can do
- When you look in the mirror, be grateful to be alive rather than criticizing your own appearance
- The best reason to exercise is to show yourself some love!
If you haven't worked out in a while, we challenge you to get back in the habit, starting today... and then every day after that.
You Got This,
Brennen & Cynthia